WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
I needed a program to test, why one of my masked textures didn't work like expected.
This program can be used to convert the RAS files in the AW cache to BMP format.
The resulting files are not optimized in any way and top-down.
I am not sure if it can convert all RAS file types that AW creates.
- 05/01/2003 added : support for a format that has a shorter RAS header
- 05/01/2003 added : debug option
- 01/17/2002 added : support for BGR coded RAS files
- 01/17/2002 changed : creates long BMP header
- 01/16/2002 created : 1st version
Current version dated 01/17/2002
about 25k download size
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
Click the link to the left to download rwras2bmp.zip
Copy it anywhere to your HD. Extract / unzip the contents of the ZIP archive (it contains only the rwras2bmp.exe file) into any folder on your HD, best into one where your PATH points to.
SETUP AND USAGE
No setup required, the program is a command line tool (Windows Console / DOS-Box).
The only command line argument(s) are the names of the RAS files to convert. It accepts wildcards (? and *).
Back to my home
Back to my ActiveWorlds page